I read my son books every night. It used to be one book a night. He tries to get away with 5-8. A few observations…
- Books that rhyme are way better than books that don’t.
- Kids books seem super easy to write.
- I’m not smart enough to write a real book.
- I might be smart enough to write a kids book.
- I might try to write one right now.
I’m gonna try to right one right now. I love squirrels, there are tons in my backyard at all times. So I’m gonna write about a squirrel. Here it goes…
There once was a squirrel named Buffalo.
He wasn’t big, he wasn’t slow.
Buffalo lived in a tree way up high.
Buffalo dreamed one day he would fly.
He heard a boy talking about buffalo wings.
He didn’t see them, he didn’t feel them.
“Where were these things?”
Okay, that took me quite a while to write. But I think I have a great foundation for a truly groundbreaking kids book.
I’m gonna regroup in preparation for Part 2.